“You can ring my bell”(s)
– as Anita Ward once sang, but please note the following below:
As Sherborne Abbey is a busy community, ringing by visiting bands is rather restricted. Any requests should be made in plenty of time, in writing or by email, to the tower correspondent who will liaise with the Incumbent and Parish Secretary before being able to respond. We’ll get back to you as quickly as we can.
Any ringer wishing to join our regular Tuesday practice is very welcome. Please contact our tower correspondent.
Charges for peals, quarters and visiting bands
- Peals: £80.00 (£10.00 per rope)
- Quarter-peals & Visiting bands (eg. Tours): £20.00
Please note that as there are only a limited number of slots for peals available, the Peal charge will still be levied if the Peal is not completed. Exception will be made if the failure was mechanical.
Conditions of ringing
- Visitors may alter rope lengths, but please return them to their original length before leaving.
- Visiting bands are responsible for arranging their own insurance.
- As there is limited parking in the Abbey grounds, visiting bands are requested to use public car parks during their visit.
- Several years ago the Abbey architect set an advisory limit of 25 people in the ringing chamber at any one time, so we therefore suggest that you do not exceed this number in your band!